P4C for the Family!
Each month there will be a new stimulus for discussion at home with the family. Everyone sees and thinks something different, which leads to such rich discussions and deeper insights into understanding each other.
Have a look at the 4 Cs before your discussion and see if you can embody the P4C ethos.
I Believe I Can
Have a think about the following questions…
- What is happening here?
- Is the bird walking on the water? How? Why?
- Is this bird special? Can it fly?
- Do you think this is the first time the bird has walked on water?
- The title is ‘I Believe I Can’. If the bird doubted itself, do you think it would still be able to walk across the water?
- How important is self-belief?
- Have you ever ‘failed’ because you lacked confidence?
- Have you ever succeeded because you believed you could?
- What does failure feel like? What about success?
- How do you overcome failure?
- Has anyone ever achieved something other people thought to be impossible? What qualities did they have?