Emotional Health Wellbeing Policy can be found on the school Policies page
At St Michael in the Hamlet Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils, families and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
Below is a sample of some of the things we do at SMITH to ensure our children are able to grow and flourish into amazing citizens of the future.
- An exciting and engaging curriculum.
- A culture of support that runs throughout the school.
- We recognise and celebrate all achievements.
- Wellbeing Wednesdays.
- ROAR Mental health whole school approach.
- We have a trained counsellor to support children, parents/carers and staff.
- Child massage and meditation sessions.
- Worry boxes/ Worry Bunny
- Assemblies (healthy eating, hygiene, strangers, kindness, being a friend etc.)
- Circle time/ Dough disco/ Cosmic Yoga.
- Calm breakout spaces/ Cool down areas.
Suggested Websites for Wellbeing Activities and Children’s Mental Health support
The following resources were shared to help with lockdown. You may, however, still find them useful.
Hello Yellow 2021 – Mental Health Day – 7th October
On Friday 7th October 2021 all staff and children came together for World Mental Health Day and raised vital funds for Young Minds Charity with their #HelloYellow! Campaign. We had a hugely successful cake sale and thank you so much to everyone who brought in cakes for us to sell and for your donations. We had so much fun and brightened up the school day by wearing yellow clothing! Have a look below at what we got up to across the school…