Physical Education and Premium Sports Funding Review 2018/2019
Our vision at St Michael in the Hamlet Junior School is for all our pupils to be physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.’
- We continued to offer a wide variety in our afterschool clubs, all our clubs have remained 100% free to all our pupils.
- 94.4% of our Year 6 pupils achieved their 25metres in swimming.
- All year 6 pupils participated in a LJMU collaborative dance project and performance.
- Our Year 5 and 6 indoor athletics team also competed at level 2.
- We provided more opportunities for level 1 intra competitions.
- We have introduced more active playtime activities.
- We have introduced active lunchtime clubs.
- A physical education coach planned and delivered a daily breakfast club programme of activities to children that have been highlighted as needing extra support.
- Year 6 pupils attended the Top up Swimming Programme with the aim of swimming 25 metres.
- All Year 3 and Year 6 children took part in a water safety session. They performed a safe self-rescue in a water based situation.